What We Believe
Central Presbyterian Church’s mission is to:
- Know God,
- Grow in Christ,
- Serve and Love the world in His name,
And wherever we go, make disciples of Jesus Christ
Our Core Values
We at Central Presbyterian Church, living from Christ as the center of our lives, commit ourselves to these core values:
Christ Centered – We live under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. II Corinthians 5:14-15
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.Proverbs 3:5-6
Biblically Based – We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and the foundation for all of life.
- All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.II Timothy 3:16-17
- I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.Psalm 119:15-16
Worship Focused – We glorify God by living all of life as an act of worship.
- Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.Romans 12:1
- I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.Psalm 86:12
Missionally Committed – We love the world by spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ as we reach out to those in need.
- Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”Matthew 28:18-20
- Jesus replied: ” ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”Matthew 22:37-40
- The LORD had said to Abram, “Leave your country, your people and your father’s household and go to the land I will show you. “I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”Genesis 12:1-3
Relationally Connected – We are devoted to one another and honor one another above ourselves.
- My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.John 15:12
- If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.Philippians 2:1-4
- How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!Psalm 133:1